I am delighted to send best wishes to the people of the Philippines as you celebrate the 114th anniversary of your declaration of independence this June 12th.
The United States values the Philippines as a long-standing and trusted ally. President Obama and I were delighted to host President Aquino and Foreign Secretary Del Rosario last week to reaffirm this partnership. Our nations are joined together not only by our common struggle during World War II and through our Mutual Defense Treaty, but also by a deep and multifaceted partnership including robust trade, people-to-people relations, and a mutual commitment to good governance and respect for human rights. Our militaries stand shoulder-to-shoulder to ensure global peace and security in the Asia-Pacific region, respond to natural disasters, fight transnational crime, and curb the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Through our Partnership for Growth, we are working together to catalyze broad and inclusive economic growth in the Philippines.
Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State
Funny that the US never mentions how it deceived the Filipino revolutionaries and robbed the Filipino nation of its independence just a few months after it was declared. And instead of that shameful chapter in American history, they would rather make references to the sacrifice of Filipino and American soldiers during the Second World War-without mentioning the Euro-centric strategy at that time which resulted to the abandonment of the Philippines.
Of course, it would be difficult for the US to acknowledge its imperial ambitions then (and the atrocities committed) being that it is supposed to be the vanguard of democracy. And yeah, what do we “little brown brothers” mean in America’s geopolitical considerations and myth-making anyway?
- midnightcrammer reblogged this from ellobofilipino
- half-formed-things likes this
- aguhon reblogged this from ellobofilipino
- mousewhispers likes this
- ellorish likes this
- talesofthestarshipregeneration reblogged this from lavienoire
- bongwutsi reblogged this from crossedwires
- iwriteasiwrite likes this
- jaredramos likes this
- elriz likes this
- burntbrain likes this
- silkhidingsteel likes this
- madamethursday reblogged this from crossedwires
- lavienoire reblogged this from crossedwires
- theroyalenonesuch reblogged this from vagabondaesthetics
- crossedwires reblogged this from ellobofilipino
- juanrepublic said:Their ‘manipulation’ of history is worse than Nokor’s propaganda to brainwash their people. Haha!
- juanrepublic likes this
- vagabondaesthetics reblogged this from ellobofilipino
- ca-thar-si-s likes this
- ellobofilipino posted this